Monday, August 28, 2017

#MTBoS Pick-a-Number Round 5

The winning number for round 5 is:  1.  All glory to  @meredithpurser.



 We seem to be stuck on about 17-20 players.  That works, but it's not really enough to start seeing patterns over time.  At my school, I do this weekly and I usually have between 50-60 players (our student body and faculty number about 400 total.)  This allows for some speculation from students, which is good discussion.  One theory is that the numbers tend to spread out and contract over time.  Another strategy is to pick a number and stick with it.  

I don't want to be a Twitter Nuisance (is there a portmanteau word for that?), but I'd like to get the number of players up.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

While you're here, pick your next number here.   Raw data and graphs are available at the links to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment