Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Travel to Ghana

For the past several years, my school has been part of a program based in Ghana called Right to Dream.  We've taken several students from the program who attend our school and then go on to US colleges.  They are true scholar-athletes, outstanding soccer players with tremendous drive and dedication in the classroom.

This summer, I am travelling with my wife and a group of students to visit the Right to Dream Academy in Ghana, where the students train and learn in preparation for their move to the States.  We will be doing some service learning while we're there, and among other things we'll be visiting a local school where the Academy students volunteer, as their own way of giving back.

I've been tasked with bringing some "math manipulatives or equipment" with me to leave at the school we're visiting.  It's a lower and middle school, and I am a high school teacher.

So:  Help!  I don't have much more information other than the school has very little.  What would you bring?  I'm sure that a few decks of Set are a good idea.  What else?  Any help would be mighty much appreciated.  

Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment